For several years, our organization has provided grants to organizations that serve in a variety of ministries that possibly do not have financial resources that many of our local Dioceses or Parishes enjoy. Since the grant program has been put into place, several agencies, Diocesan offices, Catholic Charities and Mission organizations have been approved for small grant funding. Some of the past years recipients of these funds are as follows:
- Presentation Sisters Kaoma Zambia Africa: Fishpond Project, meat grinder for fish food.
- Rita Parish, Dade City, Florida to provide spiritual and corporal assistance to three Hispanic Migrant Camps in St. Petersburg Diocese
- Presentation Sisters – Nagle Center, Kaoma Zambia, Africa to provide funding for a manual knitting machine
- St Francis House, Sioux Falls, South Dakota providing baby formula, diapers for displaced families
- Clinica San Jose, Concepcion Tutuapa, San Marcos Guatamala, to provide better health services and educate native staff.
- Morgan County United Ministries, Diocese of Steubenville, Ohio funds from DISC to provide “Blankets of Care” to the homeless.
- Hospital Bon Samaritan, Limbe, Haiti to rehabilitate drinking water towers, purchase new plumbing fixtures, repair damage to the fountains, sanitize and paint the fountains.
- Don Bosco Vocational Training Center for Girls in Cambodia. Accounting software for training girls aged 18-24.
- Our Lady of Guadalupe Emergency Shelter in Imperial Valley, CA. received a grant to help replace a broken freezer.
The DISC membership continues to benefit from our partnership with Insight. A percentage of the funds we receive from this partnership is designated for this grant every year. We, as members, have been given the opportunity to model our faith in the form of stewardship to those that are in need of financial assistance. This is a demonstration of our faith that we are all one, working to carry out the work of the church.
The proposed grantee needs to be submitted through a DISC member and all applications need to be submitted by April 30.